Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC).
HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly in the area of Fine Art. Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree. The short programmes and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of the them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following candidate to join us. The work location of the following positions is mainly at our School’s Main Office at Chai Wan Campus (Youth Square).
The School now invites candidates for the following position:
Administrative Officer / Assistant Administrative Officer 【(General), School Administration】(Ref: AO/AAO-GSA)
– To provide frontline service whenever appropriate, including handling enquires from students, teachers and the public.
– To assist senior teammates in maintaining the operation of the School Enrolment Office and Services Counter, and to assist with relevant venue support duties when necessary.
– To perform clerical duties including typing, filing, and preparing statistic reports.
– To maintain and monitor the operation of the School’s computerized student data system.
– To take care of financial transactions in relation to student services.
– To provide frontline support services and monitoring the campuses in terms of venue bookings and arrangements, equipments and facilities supports to teachers and students.
– Shift work (equalling to 5 working days per week spanning potentially from Monday to Saturday) is required with work location at the School’s Chai Wan Campus.
– Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Administrative Officer.
– Degree holder preferable (Holder of Higher Diploma or equivalent in relevant disciplines with solid working experience in the area will also be considered.).
– Preferably with 2 years of frontline working experience at counter, reception area, or customer services.
– Interest in art and/or with administrative and frontline working experience in the field of art or tertiary education will be an advantage.
– Team player who is pleasant, mature, patient, independent, detail-oriented, proactive, and have excellent problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, good initiatives, as well as strong sense of responsibility.
– Good communication skills with proficiency in speaking English and Chinese (Cantonese and preferably also Mandarin).
Interested parties please apply with your full C.V. and a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, and send it together with a covering letter indicating your view on art education, your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable) by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference.
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at www.hkas.edu.hk
or picked up directly from the Enrolment Office of the Hong Kong Art School, Room 819, 8/F, Youth Square, 238 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, during office hours.
The closing date for application is 31 March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.