Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC).
HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly in the area of Fine Art. Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree and Master Degree. The short programmes and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of the them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following candidate to join us. The work location of the following positions is mainly at our School’s Main Office at Chai Wan Campus (Youth Square).
The School now invites candidates for the following position:
Editor/ Translator (Ref: 202210_Project)
– To prepare translation of online and printed materials from English to Chinese and vice versa;
– To proofread and review translation draft;
– To assist in other language related tasks;
– Possess a recognized university degree in in Art, Translation, Humanities or other relevant disciplines;
– Working experience in the field of art or education and with keen in art and writing would definitely be an advantage
– Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese
– Detail-oriented, proactive, independent and have strong sense of responsibility
The appointment is basically on standing offer on one-year term, and is to be renewed subject to mutual agreements and operational needs.
Interested parties please apply with a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, and send it together your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable) by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com. Please quote reference.
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at https://www.hkas.edu.hk/wp-content/uploads/HKAS005_Job_Application_Form.pdf
The closing date for application is 20 October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.