Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC). Closely associated with HKAC’s environment of cultural venues, client art groups and creative enterprises, HKAS offers a unique setting for students to draw on a vast spectrum of artistic practices.
HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly in the area of Fine Art. Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree and Master Degree. The short programmes and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following colleague(s) to join us, assisting us to maintain the daily operation of our programs and courses as well as to bring a better art learning environment to our students.
The School now invites candidates for the following position:
Administrative Officer (Academic Programme) (Ref: AOAP )
– To provide administrative and logistic support to Academic Programme Administration Team, Academic Staff, and students;
– To administer School programmes / courses, including academic award-bearing programmes
– To coordinate administrative tasks in relation to programme / course operation
– To handle programme / course enquiries
– To provide operational support to School functions and events
– With work location mainly at the School’s Chai Wan Campus (at Youth Square).
– Degree Holder with preferably 2 years of working experience for the Administrative Officer position.
– Good communication and writing skills in English and Chinese, proficiency in PC operation
– Detail-oriented, proactive, independent and have strong sense of responsibility
– Interest in art or relevant experience in art-related or tertiary education field will be an advantage
The appointment is on one-year term, and is to be renewed subject to mutual agreements and operational needs.
Interested parties please apply with your full C.V. and a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, and send it together with a covering letter indicating your view on art education, your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable) by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference.
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at www.hkas.edu.hk (https://www.hkas.edu.hk/wp-content/uploads/HKAS005_Job_Application_Form.pdf)
or picked up directly from the Enrolment Office of the Hong Kong Art School, Room 819, 8/F, Youth Square, 238 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, during office hours.
The closing date for application is 30 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.