Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC).
HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly in the area of Fine Art. Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree. The short programmes and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of the them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following candidate to join us. The work location of the following positions is mainly at our School’s Main Office at Chai Wan Campus (Youth Square).
The School now invites candidates for the following position:
Administrative Officer / Assistant Administrative Officer (Registry & Project) (Ref: AORP / AAORP)
– To provide administration support to School Registry and Project Team,
– To assist in collecting data and consolidating statistic reports on student-related figures;
– To assist in handling student and alumni affairs, including scholarship matters;
– To assist in providing secretarial support to meetings of the School;
– To provide operational support to School functions and events whenever appropriate.
– Degree holder with preferably 2 years of working experience for the Administrative Officer position, candidates with lesser experience or fresh graduates may be considered for the position of Assistant Administrative Officer.
– Working experience in the field of art or education and with keen interest in art and writing would definitely be an advantage
– Good communication and writing skills in English and Chinese, proficiency in PC operation
– Detail-oriented, proactive, independent and have strong sense of responsibility
The appointment is basically on full-time on one-year term, and is to be renewed subject to mutual agreements and operational needs.
Interested parties please apply with your full C.V. and a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, and send it together with a covering letter indicating your view on art education, your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable) by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference.
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at www.hkas.edu.hk (https://www.hkas.edu.hk/wp-content/uploads/HKAS005_Job_Application_Form.pdf)
or picked up directly from the Enrolment Office of the Hong Kong Art School, Room 819, 8/F, Youth Square, 238 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, during office hours.
The closing date for application is 31 March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.