Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC). HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly on the area of Fine Art (Ceramics, Painting, Photography and Sculpture). Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree and Master Degree. The short courses and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of the them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following candidate to join us.
Administrative Officer (Library – Art Resource Centre) [Ref: AOL-ARC]
HKAS holds a cozy library at the School’s Chai Wan Campus at the Youth Square; the library is specialized in art-related materials and is taking on the role of an Art Resource Centre serving the students and the School.
- To carry out frontline and clerical services, logistics support and administrative duties at the School’s Library – Art Resource Centre.
- To monitor the operation of the School’s Library – Art Resource Centre, including handling of material borrowing and return, implementation of data system, cataloguing and shelving, purchase of reading materials, preparing monthly financial reports, regular stock take, as well as updating and keeping relevant inventory records.
- To operate and update the online research platform regularly as well as to synchronize related data with the library catalogue system.
- To handle reading resource enquiries from students, and to provide related support to the School’s teaching staff.
- To prepare the library’s newsletters for students and teachers.
- To assist with the planning of the future development and improvement of the School’s Library – Art Resource Centre.
- To provide operational support to School functions and events as and when necessary.
- Degree holder with 2 or 3 years of relevant working experience preferred.
- Interest in art and online library development, with academic background in Library Studies or relevant experience in the field of library service preferable.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and Chinese, proficiency in PC operation.
- Team player who is pleasant and self-confident, with strong sense of responsibility, mature, detail-oriented, and have good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work alone and independently under minimum supervision.
- With excellent problem-solving skills and ability of initiating ideas and solutions.
- Working experience in the field of art or education will also be an advantage.
The appointment is basically on full-time one-year term, and is to be renewed subject to mutual agreements and operational needs.
A Part-time Temporary Position of Assistant grade is also available for applicants with lesser experience/ qualification.
Interested parties please apply with your full C.V. or a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, and a covering letter indicating your view on art education, by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 2519 2010. Please quote our reference, indicate your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable).
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at https://www.hkas.edu.hk/wp-content/uploads/HKAS005_Job_Application_Form.pdf or picked up directly from the Enrolment Office of the Hong Kong Art School, Room 819, 8/F, Youth Square, 238 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, during office hours.
The closing date for application is 11 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.