Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC). HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly on the area of Fine Art (Ceramics, Painting, Photography and Sculpture). Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree and Master Degree. The short courses and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of the them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following candidate to join us.
- To provide counselling services to students
- To conduct talks or workshops with therapeutic themes or activities that can address relevant counselling needs to students and / or teachers
- To liaise with allied professionals on the management and the follow-up actions of individual cases and prepare case reports as and when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Master’s degree in psychology, counselling psychology, social work or equivalent
- Preferably with front-line working experience in relevant fields
- Training or experience in educational setting and/or art-related environment will be a definite advantage
The appointment will take the form of standing offer agreement, and is to be renewed subject to mutual agreements and operational needs.
Interested parties please apply with your full C.V. or a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, preferably with a covering letter, by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com. Please quote our reference, indicate your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable).
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at https://www.hkas.edu.hk/wp-content/uploads/HKAS005_Job_Application_Form.pdf or picked up directly from the Enrolment Office of the Hong Kong Art School, Room 819, 8/F, Youth Square, 238 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, during office hours.
The closing date for application is 30 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.