Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC).
HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly in the area of Fine Art. Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree and Master Degree. The short programmes and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community.
HKAS has 3 Campuses and all of them are located on the Hong Kong Island (along the MTR Island Line: Wanchai, Shau Kei Wan and Chai Wan). All Campuses are easily accessible and each of the them carries different art learning features. We are looking for the following candidate to join us. The work location of the following positions is mainly at our School’s Main Office at Chai Wan Campus (Youth Square).
The School now invites candidates for the following position:
Officer / Assistant Officer (3-month Temporary) (Communication & Development) (Ref: TOCD / TAOCD)
(Working period: Jun / Jul – Sep / Oct 2022)
– To monitor and update school databases / website / social media platforms
– To provide operational support to the School events such as programme seminars and exhibitions
– To assist in the planning / execution of digital marketing / student recruitment campaign
– To assist / coordinate in the production of school publications and printed materials
– To provide administrative / logistic / editorial support to Communication & Development Team and perform any other duties as assigned
– Degree holder preferably with 1-2 year working experience (Fresh graduate / those with less experience will be considered for appointment as Assistant Officer)
– Detail-oriented, dynamic, open-minded with good command of English and Chinese
– Proactive, independent and have strong sense of responsibility
– With an appropriate level of IT skill, preferably with knowledge in html language / design software (eg. Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, etc)
– Interest in art and art education
– Immediate available is preferred
The appointment is on three-month term starting from Jun/Jul to Sep/Oct 2022. Upon completion, suitable candidate may be renewed to full-time 1-year contract subject to mutual agreements and operational needs.
Interested parties please apply with your full C.V. and a completed HKAS005 Job Application Form, and send it together with a covering letter indicating your view on art education, your expected salary, and your available date for assuming duty (if applicable) by mail to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 8/F, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com. Please quote reference.
Application form can be downloaded from Hong Kong Art School website at www.hkas.edu.hk (https://www.hkas.edu.hk/wp-content/uploads/HKAS005_Job_Application_Form.pdf)
or picked up directly from the Enrolment Office of the Hong Kong Art School, Room 819, 8/F, Youth Square, 238 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, during office hours.
The closing date for application is 31 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer.